As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for the company and you will provide administrative support to the owner and across the organization as needed. You will handle the workflow of plans and permits as required through the business and ensure that all documents are accurate and delivered in a timely manner.
- Answer, screen and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Update appointment calendar for the owner and schedule meetings/appointments as needed. Manage all travel arrangements and accommodations as required.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing etc.
- Proven working experience in a front office handling receptionist responsibilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
- High school degree
The primary purpose of this position is to prepare estimates from architectural drawings/plans that reflect the most up to date prices and quality of material.
- Study project plans and provide updates as things progress through the estimating process and ensure complete accuracy of planned resources and material take offs.
- Develop change orders as needed
- Evaluate all subcontractor quotes for competitive pricing and make certain the contractor has a true understanding of the project and its complexities.
- Maintain clear communications with internal personnel and customers directly to ensure they are fully aware of their project status and any timeframes that may affect their original expectations.
- Resolve cost discrepancies by researching and evaluating the source and maintain a record of each discrepancy and the end results.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of construction estimating with remodels and new builds for commercial and residential projects
- Construction degree preferable
- Experience with a known estimating tools
- Good understanding of MS Excel and associated MS products
- This candidate should be a self-starter and very thorough with regard to the details of each estimate and the associated documents and files
- Experience working under pressure and meeting tight deadlines is key to success in this position